Rikon Pro Sharpening System
- Sharpen your woodturning tools like a PRO! Used with your 6” or 8” bench grinder, this System includes the basic set-up for putting perfect, sharp edges on gouges, chisels, scrapers and other blades. The 2 adjustable arms allow for easy setting of different grinding angles for your shop tools.
- Set includes: Locking Base Assemblies (2), Long V-Arm, Short 90 degree Platform Arm, Tool Rest Platform for Short Arm, Adjustable Lever Handle and Mounting Hardware.
Skew Grinding Jig
- The Skew Grinding Attachment #82-1006 securely positions woodturning skew chisels at offset angles to a grinding wheel for precise sharpening of the tool’s double beveled cutting edge. Left and Right V-shaped holders ensure that when your skew chisel is moved between the two holders to grind each bevel, the same exact angles are maintained.
- This means you get better control of your tool when sharpening, which is critical for creating the thin cutting edge that the skew features.
Gouge Grinding Jig
- The Fingernail Gouge Grinding Attachment #82-1007 holds woodturning gouges for sharpening bevels at consistent, repeatable angles and shape with your bench grinder and the PRO Sharpening System. Adjusts 40°, so setting bevels to grind on your tools is easy. Jig’s clamp firmly holds tool shafts 3/16” to 1-3/8” thick and up to 1-9/16” wide.
- Ideal for sharpening spindle and bowl gouges, roughing gouges, and for maintaining their cutting edges – from simple bevels, to side ground variations, to the traditional fingernail shape. Works for sharpening carving tools, too!
- The Angle Gauge #82-1008 makes it easy to grind turning tools to exact skew angles using the System’s Platform tool rest. Ideal for sharpening skews, diamond point scrapers and threading cutters for wood or metal turning tools. Gauge has 2 angle scales of 0° to 24° (90°~ 74°) right and left.